Oil & Gas
Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) is a powerful tool for analysis and design. The technique provides results that would be prohibitively expensive or impossible to obtain with physical testing. Already an important industry tool, CFD use can only increase as more equipment is placed downwell, subsea, or in otherwise harsh and challenging environments.
The benefits of using CFD include:
- Cheaper and more efficient than physical testing, reducing or eliminating the need for prototypes.
- Helping understanding material flow, thermal characteristics and system interactions of processes in a highly visual way.
- Capability of enabling rapid design optimizations and intuition building, impossible with prototyping.
Services We Provide
Polytec has provided CFD and modeling services in many areas of the Oil & Gas industry, including:
- Naturally Convective drying systems operating in hyperbaric conditions.
- Multiphase flow analysis for transport and process pipelines.
- Failure analysis of multiphase flows and equipment during pigging operations.
- Turbulent mixing and vortices.
- Leak and blow-down analysis, Jet acoustics
- Multi-physical modeling of welding processes
- Acoustic and Electromagnetic interactions with Flows
- Thermodynamic Modeling, Phase Diagrams, and Clathrate Formations
Simulations can produce amazing results, but only when conducted by good and knowledgeable people. Polytec has a unique combination of highly skilled scientists and mathematicians, as well as engineers with years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry. We can perform simulations and modeling with creativity and efficiency, usually at much lower cost than our competitors.
Simulation Tools We Use
Our CFD consultants have considerable experience with the world’s best CFD tools such as:
- ANSYS Fluent/ANSYS CFX: General CFD solvers for the most difficult and detailed problems in fluid dynamics
- ANSYS Multiphysics: Advanced modeling involving coupled effects from diverse phenomena such as electromagnetics, fluid dynamics, non-linear structural mechanics, and more.
- ANSYS Aqwa: Hull-wave interactions, boat dynamics, and issues important for solutions in the maritime industry
- OLGA: Pipeline Transport and Multiphase Flows
Other tools we’re using includes::
In the right hands, these tools can solve the most detailed and challenging problems, whether it is fluid dynamics, structural mechanics, or multi-physical processes. And if these tools can’t get the job done, Polytec has the expertise to develop custom solvers and analysis techniques: we can meet any challenge.